Following Aresenal’s new coach( Unai Emery) first competitive game in charge which was a a 2-0 home defeat by Manchester City on Sunday, a lot of criticisms have been following him.
More prominent is Sam Allardyce a former England and Everton coach, who took a swipe at the manager by terming his tactics ” stupid”.
He also said “We are getting obsessed with this stupid ‘let’s play out from the back, split the centre halves either side of the 18-yard box and go and play from there’… it’s utter rubbish to play like that all of the time.
But Sam Allardyce probably forgot that the Arsenal’s new coach was playing his first game against the best team in the Premier league and the team is still in transition period.
Below are the reasons why he can not be judged based on the match against Manchester city.
- The coach probably spoke to the Arsenal’s directors and said this is the way I play and I would need time.
- He was playing his first game against the best team in the Premier league and the team is still in transition period.
- Arsenal have been struggling for a few years and it takes time to build something just like Pep Guardiola and Klopp are did at Mancity and Liverpool respectively. They didn’t click into top gear in their first season.
- He has won titles with Sevilla and also had three Europa Leagues in a row
- They were pressing really hard when ever they lost the ball which is a sign of good things to come.