City of Chicago sues Empire actor Jussie Smollett

2

Chicago Sets To Sue Empire Star, Jussie Smollett For Faking Attack

Actor Jussie Smollett has been sued by the City of Chicago for refusing to pay $130,106 worth of overtime accrued by police in investigating the January incident involving the actor believed to have been a staged attack.

According to DailyMail.com, the city will be seeking the overtime amount and more in damages that were accrued after Smollett ‘submitted a false police report that claimed he had been a victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

The complaint, obtained by Dailymail revealed some new information in the case;

‘On the evening of January 28, 2019, [Smollett’s]  flight into Chicago was delayed, and he called Abel telling him he needed to delay the staged attack, and Abel agreed,’ states the court filing

It is later noted that ‘cell phone records indicate that at 12:49 A.M., [Smollett]and Abel spoke by telephone. During this call, [Smollett] told Abel the attack should take place at 2:00 A.M. at the agreed-upon location. Minutes later, Ola ordered an Uber to pick the Osundairo Brothers up at their home.’.

 

The post City of Chicago sues Empire actor Jussie Smollett .

Comment Rules Your comments must be more than 10 characters.
Multiple Comments are not allowed on this post.
You should never copy a user's comment. Affected members will be suspended for a week and earnings will be forfeited
Non thought provoking and useful comments such as awwwww, niceee, hehehehehe, hahahaha, congratulations to them etc not allowed.
You should never split one comment into multiple comments,eg A, B, C. He, Said, That.
Comment reply does not attract any earning! You can reply to comments as much as you like though.
Click here to read our Terms of Service

2 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.